SMITHFIELD® VIP RACE EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Smithfield Foods Inc., 200 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430
- DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Smithfield VIP Race Experience Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is a random drawing promotion comprised of approximately $2,750 in prizes. Defense Commissary Agency is Sponsor's retail partner for the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on March 4, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 5, 2019 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY WHO ARE A VALID ACTIVE DUTY, RESERVE, GUARD, RETIREE OR FAMILY MILITARY MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Sweepstakes entrants must possess a valid Military ID. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Smithfield Foods Inc., ("Sponsor"), Edge Marketing ("Administrator"), Defense Commissary Agency and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Promotional Entities"), as well as the family and household members of same (including spouses, parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, grandchildren), shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor is not liable for reimbursement of any prizes otherwise payable to Sweepstakes contestants who are in violation of this provision.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to the stock car race of their choice in the continental United States where the Stewart-Haas race team is competing, subject to availability, including: (A) $1,200 gift card for travel and expenses; (B) two (2) standard hotel room nights at a Sponsor selected hotel near the venue for the selected stock car race (one (1) room, double occupancy); (C) $200 gift card, which may be used for purchase of two (2) race tickets for a 2019 race; (D) Meet & Greet with Aric Almirola, and an opportunity for a Meet & Greet with Tony Stewart (Meet and Greets are subject to availability); and (E) Smithfield at-track meal. To take advantage of the meet and greet and at-track meal, winner and his/her guest must have admission tickets to the stock car race where the Meet and Greet is scheduled to take place. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize package is $2,000. Gift cards are subject to separate terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Transportation to/from selected stock car race and acquisition of stock car race admission tickets are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The hotel accommodations portion of the prize must be used before 11/30/2019. Certain restrictions and black out dates may apply. Hotel reservation and travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's representative. Please allow a minimum of 30 (Thirty) days prior to intended travel dates to make travel arrangements and hotel reservations. Winner must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. In the event the Meet and Greet can not be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the Grand Prize with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner.
Fifteen (15) First Prize winners will each receive one (1) $50 Commissary gift card. ARV of each First Prize is $50.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,750
Limit one (1) prize per person per household. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of the winner. Gift cards are subject to the standard terms and conditions listed thereon (including expiration dates). Winners will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets purchased with any gift cards that the winner is unable to use for any reason. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission related to any tickets purchased by the winner may be subject to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the ticket holder and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Other gift card and ticket terms and conditions may apply. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes and will receive a Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Text for website link: Text "DECA" to shortcode 797979 using your SMS-enabled cellphone. You will receive a reply text message with a link to the Sweepstakes entry website. Keyword ("DECA") must be spelled correctly to generate a reply text. Click on the link in the message to access the mobile website and follow the instructions to complete and submit the entry form ("Mobile Entry"). For Mobile Entries, entrants will be charged their standard text messaging rate for each text message sent or received through their phone or device according to the terms in their wireless plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Check with your service provider for details. Sponsor will not refund the cost of the text message. Mobile Entry is entrant's digital signature (with the same effect as a handwritten signature) providing expressed written consent to receive a reply. Consent to receive text message is not a requirement or condition or purchase. To quit, text STOP to 797979.
- Online Receipt Entry: Visit www.SmithfieldDeCASweeps.com and upload a photo of your receipt from a Commissary showing the purchase of any three (3) or more Smithfield brand products in a single transaction during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: one (1) entry per receipt uploaded (regardless of the amount of eligible products purchased on the receipt).
- No Purchase Required Mail-in Entry: To enter without making a purchase, print on a 3" x 5" index card your complete name, date of birth, address, city, state, zip code, day and phone number and mail it with proper postage affixed to: Smithfield VIP RACE Experience Sweepstakes, PO Box 590, Wilton, CT 0590. You will receive one (1) entry for each mail-in entry you submit. Any mail-in entry with incomplete information will be considered ineligible. Each entry must be in a separate postage-stamped outer envelope. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, invalid, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail and/or entries, which will be disqualified. Mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No purchase necessary for mail-in entries. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. All mail-in entries must be post-marked by May 6, 2019 and received by May 13, 2019.LIMIT: MAXIMUM OF FIVE (5) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator will conduct a random drawing ("Drawing") on or about May 15, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with the entry deadlines stated herein. Potential winners of the Drawing will be notified by telephone or email on or about May 17, 2019. If a winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, ineligible, or if prize winner declines a prize, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may forfeit a prize if a potential prize winner fails to respond within 48 hours of notification. In such event, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release within 72 hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner, if time permits. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winner's name, address (city and state), likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes for this Sweepstakes only, without additional compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by law.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and prizewinners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Promotional Entities, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, any related Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, point-of-sale material, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of entrants or require potential prizewinners to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (i) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (ii) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (iii) are obtained where prohibited, or (iv) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor, or any other Promotional Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotional Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claims made by any entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or while preparing for or traveling to any prize-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send an email to be received by 6/30/19 to: Winners@ASMnet.com and include "Smithfield VIP Race Experience" Winner names will be sent after winners has been verified. DO NOT SEND ENTRIES OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CORRESPONDENCE TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.